Well, the RBA has decided to keep rates on hold. As always, these decisions affect every one of us. Personally, I think if government spending was better controlled, we might not be fighting inflation quite so hard, but that's a conversation for another day!
What I really want to talk about is the number of people telling me they're "waiting for the property market to crash."
Seriously... stop waiting.
I hear it every week.
"We're just going to sit back and wait for prices to come down."
The problem is that everyone waiting for a crash is assuming one is actually coming. From what I'm seeing on the ground here in Perth, that's simply not the reality.
Sydney has already had its correction. Melbourne is showing signs of moving upwards again. Adelaide has continued to tick along steadily. Here in Perth, we've experienced a quieter period, particularly through June, but that doesn't mean the market is falling apart.
In fact, much of the hesitation we've seen has come from investors stepping back after months of uncertainty and constant debate around property policies. Many simply put their plans on hold.
The result?
A lot of buyers are now sitting on the sidelines, frozen by uncertainty and wondering whether prices are about to drop further.
Meanwhile, smart buyers are getting on with it.
Perth continues to benefit from strong population growth, ongoing housing demand and limited supply. People are still moving here, and they all need somewhere to live.
The evidence is right in front of us.
Last month our team achieved 8 sales and secured 8 new listings. This month we've already chalked up 3 sales and we're currently working on our fourth.
That doesn't happen in a dead market.
It happens in a market where buyers recognise opportunity and are prepared to act when the right property comes along.
And that's the point.
Over all the years I've been writing this blog, there's one thing I've said repeatedly:
You will never pick the exact top of the market, and you will never pick the exact bottom.
Nobody rings a bell and announces, "Today is the cheapest day you'll ever buy."
If you're looking for a home and you find the property that suits your needs, buy it.
If you're an investor and the numbers stack up, buy it.
If you've been waiting six months, twelve months or even longer for the perfect market conditions, ask yourself how much opportunity you may have already missed.
The people who get ahead aren't the ones endlessly waiting for certainty.
They're the ones who recognise value, make informed decisions and take action when others are hesitating.
Right now, I see far too many people sitting on the fence and not enough taking advantage of what's available.
My message is simple:
Don't wait for a market crash that may never arrive.
Don't let fear stop you from making a good decision.
And don't assume you'll somehow perfectly time the market.
The buyers who look back in a few years and say, "I'm glad I bought when I did," are the buyers who are taking action today.
The opportunity is here. The question is whether you'll grab it or watch someone else do it first.
No comments:
Post a Comment